Our establishment was once a centuries-old farmhouse until one day in 1925, when Bibiana Schlichther decided to convert it into Oberpinswang’s first inn.
The business was passed on to Ignaz and Resi Schlichther in 1936.
Horst and Gisela Schlichther took over the family business in 1969. A new guesthouse was added in 1978 to meet our guests’ rising expectations of comfort and convenience, thereby increasing total capacity to 60 beds.
A number of conversions and modifications were made to Gasthof Säuling in 1992.
Stefan and Nancy Schlichther have been running the inn since 1999.
Finally, our establishment has just celebrated its 90th year of business (1925 - 2015).